It's no secret that dogs love treats. In fact, most dogs will do just about anything for a good treat. And while commercial dog treats are certainly convenient, they aren't as special as when you whip up something special for your pup!
Today, I'm going to share one of my favorite recipes for homemade dog treats. These treats are simple to make and your dog will love them! We will also give you all the information about whipped cream so you can rest assured this sweet treat is suitable for your pup!
Spoiler Alert - We may be offering up a couple DIY recipes to really make this treat your dog's new favorite!
Can dogs eat whipped cream?
Dogs absolutely can eat whipped cream and it's a great treat for them! Whipped cream is high in fat and cholesterol, but it's also low in protein, so it's not the healthiest snack for dogs. However, as long as your dog doesn't have any allergies or health problems, a little whipped cream now and then isn't going to do them any harm.
Just be sure to avoid giving your dog too much, since, like most things, too much of a good thing can be bad for them.
We recommend making your dog homemade whipped cream. This way you can use coconut cream to avoid any lactose allergies and monitor the amount of sugar.
Regular whipped creams that have added sugars shouldn't be given to dogs that are overweight, and may cause many dogs to have an upset stomach! So best to make it yourself so you are aware of the ingredients going into it!
We will teach you how later in the article!
Benefits of giving your dog a sweet treat
Most people know that giving their dog a treat is a great way to show them some love, but many don't realize the benefits of doing so.
In fact, there are a number of reasons why you should give your dog a sweet treat every now and then. Here are just a few:
- Treats can help improve your dog's oral health. By giving your dog something to chew on, you're helping to keep their teeth clean and healthy.
- Treats can help reduce stress in dogs. When dogs are stressed out, they may act out or become anxious. Giving them a treat can help calm them down and make them feel better.
- Treats can help reward good behavior. If your dog behaves well, be sure to give them a treat as a way of rewarding them. This will help encourage good behavior in the future.
So, next time you're looking for a way to show your dog some love, consider giving them a sweet treat. They'll be sure to appreciate it!
Difference between coconut whipped cream vs regular whipped cream for dogs
There are a few key differences between regular whipped cream and coconut whipped cream that pet owners should be aware of before choosing one over the other.
For starters, regular whipped cream is made with cow’s milk while coconut whipped cream is dairy-free and uses coconut as its main ingredient. Coconut whipped cream also has a much higher fat content than regular whipped cream, meaning it will be more satisfying for dogs and last longer in their stomachs.
Lastly, because it contains natural antibacterial properties, coconut whipped cream is less likely to cause digestive problems in dogs than regular whipped cream.
Coconuts also have other health benefits for dogs. Due to it being full of healthy fats it will provide your dog with healthier skin, a shiner coat, and will also help them burn fat.
What is a Puppuccino and what are the benefits of giving it to your dog
Have you ever visited your local coffee shop with your furry friend? Did your favorite barista hand you a small cup of goodness specifically for your dog? Some call it a pup cup, others call it a puppuccino. But what is this secret menu item exactly?
A Puppuccino is a dog treat that consists of whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a dog treat of your choice. They are simple to make and only require a few ingredients.
The ingredients you will need to make a Puppuccino for your dog
In order to make a puppuccino, you'll need:
- Whipped Cream
- a Sprinkle of Cinnamon
- a Dog Treat of your Choice.
The whipped cream can be either store-bought or homemade. We recommend going the homemade route. There is something very special about making your sweet pup their treats and knowing exactly what's going in them! The dog treat can be anything from a simple biscuit to a piece of meat.
Coconut Whipped Cream for Dogs
As promised this is how to make homemade coconut whipped cream for your pooch! The ingredients you'll need...
- Coconut cream! Yup, that's it!
Be sure to get the unsweetened coconut cream that comes in a can. Don't mistake this item for the popular sweet cream of coconut! That only goes in your summertime Pina Coladas!
What you'll need:
- Mixing bowl
- Electric mixer with a whisk beater attachment
How to make:
- Room temperature coconut cream will not whip so be sure to place it in the refrigerator 24 hours before making it so it is thoroughly chilled!
- Also, chill the mixing bowl and beaters for at least 10 minutes beforehand
- Add the thickened cream to the chilled mixing bowl
- With the mixer beat the coconut cream until whipped. This should only take a minute or two!
- Ready to Serve!
- If you wish to store the coconut whipped cream, place it in an air-tight container and only keep it for up to two weeks
How to make a Puppuccino for your dog
They are simple to make and only require a few ingredients. Simply mix the ingredients in a bowl and enjoy watching your pup enjoy their delicious treat!
How to Make:
- Start by gathering all of your ingredients.
- Next, put the whipped cream in a bowl
- Then, place the bone (Recipe to follow) in the center of the whipped cream mixture.
- Last, sprinkle the top lightly with cinnamon
- Finally, serve to your pup and enjoy watching them lick their lips in delight!
How much-whipped cream to use:
- With any new foods introduced to your pup there is a chance it could lead to an upset tummy so start with very small quantities to see how your dog handles it.
- If it doesn't upset your dog you can continue to give it to them as an occasional treat using a dollop of whipped cream as the ideal serving size!
DIY Dog bones to garnish your puppuccino
If you want to go the whole DIY route you can even make the bone treat that goes on top! My favorite dog bones to make are banana & peanut butter dog treats. They are simple and easy to make!
In order to make these, you'll need:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 4 ripe bananas
- 6 cups of oats
Combine all ingredients and use a roller to roll out the mixture. I use a bone-shaped cookie cutter to cut out chunks of the mixture! Place them on parchment paper and a cookie sheet and with the oven preheated to 350 bake for 10-12 minutes!
Store these bones in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks, or in the freezer for one month!
Pumpkin puppuccino for your fall lovin fur ball
In the fall you can change it up and surprise your pup with a new flavor! PUMPKIN SPICE Puppuccino's!! This treat is a couple more steps than the regular puppuccino but not by much and you'll have this treat whipped up in no time!
Pumpkin has some great benefits for your dog and can boost their nutrition! Pumpkin contains minerals like iron and potassium, along with vitamins A, C, and E. Also, it is good for their digestion due to its soluble fiber content. Be sure to only used canned pumpkin or plain pumpkin puree, not the pumpkin pie puree as there are added spices that can irritate your dog.
What you'll need:
- 1 cup of pumpkin
- 3/4 cups of either almond, goat, or coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- coconut whipped cream
How to make:
- Combine the pumpkin, dairy-free milk of your choice, and cinnamon in a bowl
- Use a mixer to combine ingredients well
- You can blend with ice to make the mixture thicker (optional)
- Put the mixture into a small cup and top with your homemade whipped cream
- Serve to your good boy or girl
Store the leftover mixture in an air-tight container and store it in your refrigerator for up to two weeks. Serve to your pet whenever they deserve a tasty reward! We will leave that up to your discretion😉.
Making your dog a homemade puppuccino is a fun way to show them some love. Not only are they delicious, but they’re also easy to make. There are also some great benefits to giving your dog coconut and pumpkin. Tasty and health benefits? What more can you ask for?! Your pup will love getting spoiled with these tasty treats!
For more fun facts and tasty treats follow Dog Facts, Laughs, and Baths!